05 December 2006

Reintroduction

Well, it's been such a long time since my last post that I think I should just consider starting over. With that said, allow me to reintroduce myself and this blog.

I'm Jay. I'm a Texan now living up in the Land of the Frozen Tundra. I have been married for six and a half years. My wife's name (as well as my mother's) is Cindy. (They are two separate people-- I told you I was from Texas, not Appalachia.) Cindy and I have two wonderful little boys: Erik (age 3) and Michael (age 1). I work at Schneider National as an application developer, and Cindy stays at home with the boys.

Of course, all of these facts are only part of the story. If you've read The Little Prince, which you should do immediately if you have not, you know that grown-ups often think they know a person based on these facts. You've probably already gotten some kind of mental picture of me and my life based on these few sentences. Maybe you're spot-on, but you're probably not. Over the lifetime of this blog, you'll learn more and more about me and how I see the world.

You'll find out more of these facts, of course, but you'll also discover my philosophy of life, the types of people I like to have close to me, the things in the news and elsewhere that interest me, and just how random one person's mind can be. Fasten those seat belts; it's going to be a bumpy ride!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

6½ years sure has gone by fast... I think I still have your wedding invitation around here somewhere. Take care. -Erik