05 December 2005

Why am I awake?

Well, it's almost 1:00 AM on a Sunday night, and I'm still awake. I have no idea why.

As the proud father of a 28-month-old and a three-week-old son, I should be rushing to bed every chance I get, especially on a Sunday night. I've got a ton of work waiting for me back at the office, so it would make sense for me to be sleeping right now. But I've got this strange, random energy buzz right now that's keeping me awake.

Being awake at this time of night usually is not a good thing. Usually you're drunk, getting drunk, or getting someone drunk. And, if alcohol is involved, the little voice inside your head that only comes out late at night when you're asleep begins to tell you to do all sorts of stupid things. However, I avoided all of that and signed up for a couple of Wisconsin blogger rings. Maybe that will be just the thing to get stuff kick-started for me in this arena.

P.S.: The Packers stink now that I've moved up to Green Bay, and the Longhorns are undefeated now that I've moved from Austin. Good thing I've got a healthy self-concept!

No comments: