26 May 2008

My Current Obsession

Music always has been a big part of my life. I remember learning all of the album names for the songs and groups that I was into during my teenage years. (Obviously, using the word "albums" dates me.) I used to think that I would go into the music industry somehow. Of course, not knowing how to sing and having only a two-year orchestra stint on cello on my musical resume most likely would have relegated me to a behind-the-scenes role.

Of course, none of that worked out. As often happens with our early idea of our life's ideal, things get added, dropped, and refined along the way. Even though I'm not in the music industry, I still have a strong appreciation for music.

I was listening to mashups a few weeks back when I discovered the very excellent "Every Car You Chase" by Party Ben, which combines the 80s classic "Every Breath You Take" by The Police with the modern-day "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol. And since I've heard that song, I can't get it out of my head. But in a good way.

I didn't even know they had used the original Snow Patrol version on "Gray's Anatomy", especially since I've seen about 15 minutes total of that show. But I do admire that show's taste.

If I lay here/If I just lay here/Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

No comments: